My 2019 Predictions
Here is what I think is in store for us in 2019. Buckle in bitches, I don’t think it’s going to get any easier.
- President Trump will continue to be president and they will not be impeaching him nor will he quit.
- The next Canadian PM will be conservative and it will be ugly.
- The ongoing genocide of black folks in the USA will escalate, and the KKK and other white power groups will come front and center with public support.
- The ongoing mistreatment/death, and unquestioned racism towards indigenous folk will continue to be seen as perfectly normal even as the indigenous community is in crisis. We will continue to blame them for their struggles.
- Segregation of undesired groups from white society will continue to happen more and more, branching beyond just denying gay folks cakes.
- As a response to the feminist anger & rise of 4th wave feminism there will be an effort to undermine and flatline the feminist movement we will see a rise in romantic comedies.
- There will be more mass shootings/murders of women also as a response to the 4th wave, and more ppl believing that “women” deserve it and taking the current crisis of masculinity out on women.
- Women will continue to lose reproductive rights in the USA, and in Canada the conservative folks will do their damndest to erode and destroy women’s reproductive freedoms
- LGBTQ+ community will continue to feel under attack, and we will lose more innocent lives to their own hands, or that of others because we are an ignorant and hateful society.
- One Direction will Reunite (a girl can dream)
- Horror films will increasingly take on a supernatural bent moving away from the zombies. I am also thinking that there will be a resurgence of vampire films as fear and hatred of the other continues to ramp up.
- Despite all the negativity and awfulness, many of us will continue to fight to provide some semblance of levity and balance. As Mister Rogers said : “Everyone longs to be loved. And the greatest thing we can do is to let people know that they are loved and capable of loving.”If we remember that, and continue to fight for that we can make some change. no matter how minor. To end in the words of the brilliant Mister Rogers “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping”.